AMC+ Doubles Down On Content For Horror Fans Who Are Subscribed Through Premium
AMC, IFC Midnight, and Shudder work together to bring you the largest amount of horror content
'Only The Good Stuff' in large letters at the top of the page when opening to the subscription service, only available to Comcast users. If you are a proud owner of said service and you are a horror fan then you are in luck my friend, for you are welcomed to and accustomed to the largest collection of horror content this Halloween season.
This is a perfect chance for you to catch up on everything horror this month and take part in many conversations that will take place in our horror community.
The below information is an excerpt from the AMC press release earlier this week, this is what was found from each party...
· Subscribers will have access to new episodes of all three series within The Walking Dead Universe, including Season 6 of Fear the Walking Dead every Sunday morning, ahead of the series' linear premieres that night at 9 pm ET/8c, and new episodes of The Walking Dead: World Beyond every Thursday, ahead of the linear premieres Sundays at 10 pm 10 pmET/9c. In addition, all episodes of The Walking Dead Season 10 are currently available on AMC+ to stream ad-free.
· Subscribers now have early access to the Season 2 premiere of Eli Roth's History of Horror ahead of its linear debut (Saturday, October 10 at 10 pm ET/9c). Subsequent episodes will be available on AMC+ every Saturday morning, beginning October 17. This season explores the dark power and wicked fun of scary movies, the craft that went into making them, and the ways that horror films reflect the anxieties of their times. The story is told by Roth and a celebrated cast of writers, directors, actors, cinematographers, composers, and special effects artists, including Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, Jordan Peele, and many more.
· From AMC's popular annual event, Fearfest, AMC+ will offer such popular horror films as Friday the 13th, Halloween, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creepshow, Hellraiser, Tremors, The Prophecy, Final Destination, The Amityville Horror, Insidious, From Dusk Till Dawn, Misery, The Exorcist, The Shining and many more.
· In what has become an annual tradition, Shudder's iconic horror host and exploitation movie expert Joe Bob Briggs returns with a special The Last Drive-In double feature just in time for Halloween, when Joe Bob's Halloween Hideaway Special debuts October 25 on AMC+. Joe Bob will reveal terrifying movies that are perfect for the scary season.
· Premiering October 29 on AMC+, Shudder's new one-hour, The Creepshow Animated Special features two stories adapted from Stephen King's "Survivor Type" and Joe Hill's "Twittering from the Circus of the Dead" with voices of Kiefer Sutherland (24, Designated Survivor) and Joey King (The Kissing Booth, The Act), respectively. The special is directed by Creepshow showrunner Greg Nicotero and with animation by Octopie animation studio. In "Survivor Type" Sutherland stars as a man determined to stay alive alone on a deserted island no matter what the cost. "Twittering from the Circus of the Dead" stars King as a teen whose family road trip includes a visit to the gravest show on earth.
· Shudder Original films include Scare Me, The Cleansing Hour, The Mortuary Collection and May the Devil Take You Too. And for in-depth backstories on classic horror cinema, fans can check out a variety of docus including Shudder Originals Cursed Films, Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror, and Shudder Exclusives Scream Queen!: My Nightmare on Elm Street, In Search of Darkness, and more.
· Programming from the IFC Midnight catalog includes Human Centipede, The Babadook, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, and Backcountry, and for in-depth backstories on classic horror cinema, fans can check out a variety of docs such as Room 237 and 78/52: Hitchcock's Shower Scene.
AMC+ is the company's new premium subscription bundle featuring an extensive lineup of popular and critically acclaimed original programming from across AMC Networks' entertainment networks and a number of the company's targeted streaming services including Shudder, Sundance Now, and IFC Films Unlimited, which feature content such as Riviera, Creepshow, A Discovery of Witches and Boyhood. Currently available to Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV channels, Comcast Xfinity, DISH, and Sling TV customers, AMC+ features a continually refreshed new library of commercial-free content, including Mad Men, Killing Eve, Portlandia, The Salisbury Poisonings, Gangs of London, Soulmates and The Walking Dead: World Beyond, among many others.